Philosophy of OLMA
Our philosophy at OLMA stresses the dignity and worth of each child and flows from example and teachings of Christ. Each child is treated with respect. At the same time, one of our top priorities is that children be taught to respect others. Our Lady of Mercy Academy adheres to the curriculum required by the State of New Jersey and the Diocese of Paterson. Our goal is to serve the needs of each child spiritually, academically, emotionally and socially.
We consider all children to be gifted and our challenge, as educators, is to develop these talents, as well as the child’s own self image. This can be best accomplished in a supportive Christian environment.
Credentials of OLMA
Our Lady of Mercy Academy is an accredited School by the Commission on Elementary Schools, Middle States Associate of Colleges and Schools. As an accredited school, Our Lady of Mercy has met standards for:
- defining appropriate educational goals and providing educational programs to achieve them
- maintaining a qualified faculty and an effective school organization
- assessing outcomes of school experiences and controlling the quality of educational programs
- responding to concerns of parents and needs of the school community
- providing for the continuity of its programs and planning for their future
- describing with accuracy the content of its services and programs
OLM Academy has been named a Star School and was awarded Best Practices by the Diocese of Paterson.